Thursday, October 29, 2009

Reflection


Why do you think Elie Wiesel tells his story in the first person perspective? If Night was written in the third person, would it be more or less believable?

50 comments:

  1. I believe Elie told his story on first person because for him this was a life changing and altering experience which he believed would be best seen through his eyes and the events that occurred. I think it would personally be less believable if it was in third person because it would be harder for the reader to connect and actually feel they were right there with him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Eli told the story through his eyes because that gives him the chance to say how he was feeling and how he saw the events around him. I think it would be much less believable if it was written in third person because there's no emotional connection or chance the feel was Eli was.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Elie tells his story in first person so that the readers can hear his voice as they read. It makes it feel more real to the readers when the actual character is explaining his point of view and the things he experienced throughout the book. To me, it makes it more believable, but it also helps me understand his input and beliefs as I read the book. Elie explains his story well, and to every reader, it helps them see his side, feel his emotions and walk the journey with him. And to me, it feels more realistic and I can connect with him that way more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think he told this story in first perspective because he wanted to tell his story in flash back or to make his points more realistic and real. i think if it was told in third perspective or a different perspective it could come out like he made some of the stuff up thus making it less believable

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reflection: I think Elie told his story in first person to show us the up close feeling of the concentration camp. Elie must have wanted us to feel and know what it was like being in Auschwitz through torture, starvation and suffering. He practically took us to the camp in the book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 14. I think Elie wanted the readers to experience through his eyes and words to feel and understand everything around him to get the thoughts that would go through your head at the camp and to see what he would see, to feel what he felt to be in his shoes throughout the whole book. I think he wrote the book this way for the reader.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think Elie wrote the book in first person because he wanted the readers to know exactly what he was feeling and all of his perspectives and opinions of the camp first person. If the story was written in third person by someone who wasn’t in the camp, I don’t think they would be able to capture the real story in our minds and the true details that would only be said in first person. Also when in first person, the author and reader have a stronger connection in my opinion than in third person. I think the book would be more believable and more indulging of a book if the book was kept in first person.

    ReplyDelete
  8. People in the first world is peaceful and safety, they can't imagine this kind of cruel life, this book can reminder them don't forget what kind of bad situation their ancient meet. They can't be like this.The people who live in the third world, they already live very poor,they will think it's not very bad, they are the same.

    ReplyDelete
  9. If the story Ellie wrote was in third person, Many of the personal opinions and feelings would have been lost. I think Ellie wrote the story in first person to make the reader feel what Ellie felt at auschwitz. If the story was written in third person, the story would of lacked the horrible feeling Ellie felt and would overall seem as if the story was made up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i think elie tells this story in first person because he wanted to tell it how he saw it all happen. it allowed elie to speak how he felt about it and it told people exactly what he saw.

    ReplyDelete
  11. 14. Elie Wiesel wrote his story in first perspective, because he was in the concentration camp and that story is his real life. By reading story from first point view we can better understand person’s feelings and thoughts. However I think from the third perspective the story will be more believable, because third person sees both sides .From the first perspective some moments can be seen from other side, because we do not know feelings of others(If this book was written by Elie’s father perspective some moments could be different)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think he choose to write it in first person because its more believable when your talking about something you have experience rather then what someone else has gone through. Your reading it right from the source rather then a he said she said scenario.

    ReplyDelete
  13. i think it would be less beliveable because they didnt have anyone elses feelings and elies expirence was 100 percent real so it helps people empithize.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Elie tells the story in first person because he was the one who experienced it. He wanted everyone to the horrifying things he went through. It wouldn’t be as realistic if someone else was telling the story of Elie Wiesel. They wouldn’t be able to explain the emotions that Elie felt about the camp and the separation of his family. When Elie tells the story it feels real, like you are there standing next to him but if Night were written in third person it would feel more like a made up story. It would be impossible to make the book Night into third person and have it be as detailed and personal as it is in first person.

    ReplyDelete
  15. He tells the story in first person because it captures his emotions and just how he felt about the current situations. If night were to be written in third person I feel it would be less believable because it doesn’t capture the feeling that he was actually there in the death camp.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Elie Wiesel told his story in first person because he wanted the world to visualize what he had saw during the holocaust. He wanted the readers to go back down memory lane with him and show them what millions of jews had went through because of the Nazi’s. If this story was in third person, I think the reader wouldn’t be able to connect with the story and experience what Elise has went through.

    ReplyDelete
  17. i think he tells the story in first person the really describe how he felt, everything he saw and experienced. i think if he wrote the book in third person it would be less believable to me because the way he describes everything how HE saw it makes it true.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think Elie tells the story in first person to make the experience more vivid and in depth. If in first person then more people will be touched by it. If he would have wrote the book in third person, people wouldn't have been as touched by it or believe it. In third person it would have seemed like realistic fiction and would not have been able to go into as much depth because it would not have been from first experience in his own eyes. It would not have attracted people as much and touched as many people's hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think Elie tells his story in first person perspective to make it a little more dramatic and more vivid. If the book was written in third person, people wouldn't have believe anything from the story and it would have attracted people as much as it has when it was written in first person.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Elie’s telling Night in 1st person because he’s describing his own real experiences, and he’s escribing how they truly effected him. I think, if it was in 3rd person, it might not have been as incredible and touching as Night was.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I think that Elie tells the story first person so that way the reader can hear his voice when they read. He probably told it first person so he can show the torture and feeling of Auschwitz. The story is also more believable when its first person.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I think the story has a lot more meaning to it being in first person because you are able to know and understand the fact that all of this really did happen to him and it really is what he went through and that he was able to tell and explain everything that happened to him. If it had been in third person I don’t think it would have had so much meaning to it, I don’t think people would have made it been so believeable to themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  23. • I think if it was written in third person it would be less believable because it wouldn’t be quite so impacting because the way it is written allows you to know how much it really impacted him and all the things he went through. Where as if it was third person it may sound more like stories that are just made up.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I think that Elie had written the book in his perspective because he wanted to write the book to describe what had happened at Auschwitz and to tell if from his perspective would make the book more touching because the entire book is his own, personal experience. I think that if the book had been written in e third person point of view then it would not have been so believable because it would not have the personal touch of emotions. If it was told in third person point of view then it would not seem personal and it would seem more of a fiction book than anything.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I think he wrote Night in the first person because the events in the novel were his own personal experiences. It would be somewhat strange to write it in the third person because it would almost separate the author from those events and making them, in a way, less believable.

    ReplyDelete
  26. i think he wrote Night in first person because he wanted to show us how he felt while going through these events . if it was written in third person, i think it wouldn't be more believable

    ReplyDelete
  27. He wrote it in first person because its the events that he's been through if they wrote it in third person the book would probably would never end because so many peoples lives have been effected in this

    ReplyDelete
  28. i think the reason that the story was told in a first person view was to show the realism. because if it was told in a third person view it would not seem as real. in a first person view it would be like as if you were there experiencing it with ellie

    ReplyDelete
  29. The reason that Elie did this was to make the reader experience it personally. Also that Elie can remember what happened in order as he experienced it considering that he wrote the book based on his own encounters with the Auschwitz concentration on camp.

    ReplyDelete
  30. He Tells the story in first person because its his story, nobody elses. If He Wrote it in 3rd person it would make it more boring in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  31. To be honest, even though the book is currently told in first person, I still had some trouble believing the book was real. It was /that/ intense that it seemed fake. But I think Elie wrote the book in first person for himself. Maybe he had written a diary/journal at first that he had just later changed into a book. If it was written in third person it would've seemed a lot more fake in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I think in the first person, the story has a more human feel to it. If it had been in the third person it would seem more like a novel then a non fiction book.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I think he wrote it in first person to help convey what happened and how it affected him and the people around him. I think it is better in first person because third person would not express his turmoil as much as first person.

    ReplyDelete
  34. I think that the first person perspective makes the story that much more realistic and that much more personal. It would not seem as believable in third person.

    ReplyDelete
  35. He wanted us to picture and imagine what life was in Auschwitz for him. To also get our attention more, to see what big mistake Hitler made. He just wanted all of us to know how he felt.

    ReplyDelete
  36. I think he wanted to make it in first person perspective because he wanted to make the story more personal and wanted the readers to feel what he was going through and all the hardships and how painful it was to be in that situation. I think if he had written it in third person perspective he wouldn't have gave the story the same emotions that the book had.

    ReplyDelete
  37. I think Elie told it in the first person to make the reader fully understand how it was in Auschwitz. if it were told in the third person i would think it was less believable because there is no personal experience so it seems kinda fictional with how bad it was.

    ReplyDelete
  38. I think Elie wrote Night in first person so that the reader could feel like they were there experiencing and feeling the same emotions he felt when he was there. I believe that if his story was written third person it would be less believable because we wouldn’t fully understand why he did certain things in the story.

    ReplyDelete
  39. I think Elie Wiesel tells his story in the first person perspective because he wanted tell the readers what he had been through and his experiences in the camp. In addition, he also wanted to express his feelings. I personally think that if Night was written in the third person, would it be more believable. However, If Elie chose to write it in the first person perspective, the readers will have a better connect and his experiences would be more realistic.

    ReplyDelete
  40. I believe that Elie told the story in first person because he wanted the readers to know how felt about this experience. He wanted people to know what was going on in his mind, to give them an idea of how it was to be in the Auschwitz camp. I feel like if it was told in third person it wouldn't be as meaningful. You wouldn't really be able to know about Elie's emotions, how he felt.

    ReplyDelete
  41. I think that he told the story in the first person is maybe because he wanted to tell people how it really felt. And how horrible it was. And he wanted other people to know what he really went through.

    ReplyDelete
  42. I think he wanted to tell the story in the first person perspective because he wanted people to feel like they were there at Auschwitz as Eliezer. If he didn’t write his in first person perspective you wouldn’t be able to feel all the sorrow he had and it would probably be less believable.

    ReplyDelete
  43. I think he tells us the story about his experiences at the Auschwitz in the first person perspective which helps us understand not only in head but also in minds what had actually happened. I guess if he has written in 3rd person perspective it would be less believable because condition at the concentration camp, deaths and brutality of Germans are hard to believe unless it's someone's actual experience.

    ReplyDelete
  44. He tells the story about his experience in the camp Auschwitz in first person because that shows us what happened to him it gives us the full truth. it shows us in the mind and in the head of what actually happened. if it was in 3rd person it wouldn't be as believable as in first person. what happened in the camp wouldn't be believed unless it has actually happened to someone and they come back to tell us.

    ReplyDelete
  45. he wrote in first person to show these happened to me and that i am not making this up and it make it sound better in first person than third if it was in third i would be less likely to believe hes talking about himself

    ReplyDelete
  46. he tells the story about his experience in the camp in first person cause it shows that its his story and nobody else's story in the camp and he tells about everything and doesn't hold back about it. if it was 3rd it wouldn't work as well as 1st person and what happened wouldn't be believed as well as 3rd and so in 1st you know for a fact that it is his story.

    ReplyDelete
  47. I think it would be alot different becassue the story from first person would be straight from memory and third person would be from some one else following somebody's story.

    ReplyDelete
  48. i think ellie used first person because its showing all of his thoughts and exactly what he thought of what he say and why he did things. If he were to do it in third person you would miss out on those crucial details and it would also sound more like it was character that he made up.

    ReplyDelete
  49. I believe that Elizer's use of First person was to make the experience more relatable and more understandable. if the narrative had been in third person it would have been accounted a piece of fiction and nothing more.

    ReplyDelete
  50. He tells it in first person because the reader can tell all of his emotions. If it were in third person the writing would not be able to relate to the emotions because it would be as an observation. If it was in third person it would be less believable because it would just be like a story. In first person it describes what he saw and the things he experienced as if the reader was in his shoes.

    ReplyDelete