Thursday, October 29, 2009

Reflection


What scenes from Night do you remember most vividly? Have they made you look at the world or your family differently?

37 comments:

  1. The most vivid thing I remember is when he is first coming to the camps and he doesn’t know where he’s going or what’s going to happen to him. He then is forced out and is separated from his sister and all he can see are flames in the distance. Then he finds out that his mother and sister were just burned alive and he’d never see them again. This has changed my look on the world and on human kind because it shows how violent and merciless we can be. It also made me realize how lucky I am to have my family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The scene I remember the most is during selection at the concentration camp. When he and his family were being separated it must have been devastating to all the family. It has made me look at the world differently because it shows how ruthless people can be. The people working at the camp were willing to separate hundreds of families from each other and kill children and parents. If this happened to me and my family I couldn’t begin to imagine what I would do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The scene I remember most is in the beginning where he and his family get taken apart. They are so ignorant to whats going on around them. None of them even knew that's the last time they'd see their family. Elie didn't realize that that's the last time he'd see his mom and sister. This would break any family obviously, and I can't imagine going through it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reflection: The scene when families were taken at the entrance and imprisoned at Auschwitz makes me think of our world. In the modern world families are taken away like at boarder crossings and are deported or put into prison. All around the world families can be taken away by many things like disasters.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 15. When I think of night I think of Elie and his father on the train, or in the bunk, or working. When I think of night I think of Elie's and his fathers strength and love and how they managed to stay strong and never turn against each other. I think of all the cruel and horrid things the Germans did and it makes me feel sick inside because all of those innocent people were killed and not for any real reason, which is truly sickening. I read this book and was amazed that this was real, I couldn't put the book down because it intrigued me, reading and learning that the world was like this made me look at the world differently, so yes I do look at the world differently and I know not to take life carelessly and to be grateful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. One scene that really stood out to me was when Elie was helping his father with the military marching. It really shows me how teamwork, no matter how many people is important. It bring success and a stronger relationship. Helping people out doesn't just benefit them, but it helps you see the importance of others and makes you care more about them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The most vivid scene in this book was when Elie was separated from his mother and sister. To me the most important thing in the world is family and i could not bare being separated from my sisters. The reason why i don't want to be separated from my family is because i don't want to know how they died rather then thinking if there alive or not and if they are being treated as bad or even worse then how i am feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The one main part of the book that i remember vividly is when Elie and his father were seperated from his mother and Tzipora. Whenever I think about that moment Elie went through, I always think about how if my family was put in the exact same situation. I would hate to be ripped away from anyone that I love through death and I dont know how I would be able to be strong and survive like Elie did.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i remember when they guy came up to elie and his father yelling are you guys stupid yo are heading to the gas chambers. i also remember when the guy gave elie the rusty spoon and knife and told him not to sell it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. the most vivid part in this book was when the women was throwing the food over the people and the people was all over it. It shows how much they wanted food and the hunger made them forget about their pride and the people around them. They were so wild as they have never had food.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. 16. The saddest scene in the book for me was when Elie’s father gave knife and spoon to his child (Elie).He has only these things to be inheritance. Elie’s father felt that he will not pass selection and he will die soon. He wants that his son will not do the same. These are just knife and spoon, but they can make Elie’s life longer. In the book that moment was full of love and tears. That moment helps us understand the main idea of the book-care after people that you love, in any moment, in any time. After reading it, I understood that I am very lucky. I did not go through concentration camp experience, I have everything, and my parents and sisters are with me.


    ReplyDelete
  13. When I think of night, I think of the scene where Elie and his family were put on the train. They had no idea it would be the last time they saw eachother, and I'm sure looking back, there's a lot more Elie would have said if he would have known that they were going to be separated forever. If this was me, I would feel incredibly guilty, and replay that day over and over in my mind for the rest of my life wishing I would have done more.

    ReplyDelete
  14. One scene I remember very vividly was the selection scene. They described everything so vividly from getting off the train to when the Jews have to take their clothes off. When Elies and his family got split up must have been a huge turning point for Elies and his dad. The Nazis split the girls and guys up and the girls got killed. This shows how inhuman the Nazis were to the jews. I look at my family different now. They are all I got and I shouldn't take them for granted.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I remember the scene on the train where there are a lot of people in one place and they couldn’t sit or lay down because of all the people crammed in to the one place, and they had trouble sleeping because of all the people and the one lady screaming that there was a fire, I feel that this caused a lot a paranoia and scared almost everyone in the train.

    ReplyDelete
  16. One scene I remember vividly is the one about the two older man and the little boy being hung in front of everyone and the little still alive, while the other man is dead. The little boy is still alive holding on for his life. This scene I remember clearly. I also remember his father running after his son trying to avoid being selected to die, but couldn't keep up with the pace of them because he was to slow. These two incidents I remember so well because they were the two main ones that nearly touched my heart. They made me see that life is precious and can be taken with in the blink of an eye. They also made me learn that cherish and love the family and friends and never take them for granted because they could be gone any minute and unexpectedly.

    ReplyDelete
  17. the scene i most vividly remember when they first enter the camp and how they were treated. the smoke and smell, the crowding people. when they were forced to be separated in lines and sent in different directions from their own . this makes me realize how precious life is and that you dont know what will happen in the near or late future. and how special your family is to have because you could loose them in a blink of an eye

    ReplyDelete
  18. The scene that i remember most vividly was when they were going on of the selections. It was when Elie was so tired but he knew that he could not get his number wrote down. He tried so hard to run as fast as he could and make it look good for the guard, even though he was super tired and did not want to run. When he found out he passed, he over happy with joy. When he found his father he became more happy that his father had passed too. Later would he only find out that his father's number was written down without his knowing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. The scene that stood out the most to me was when the families arrived at the camp. The general feeling of anxiousness and uncertainty anyone could relate to because it captures the random and scary things that happen to everyone during the course of their life.

    ReplyDelete
  20. The scene I most remember is the one with the young boy being hanged. He could suffered because he didn't way enough for a quick death. He suffered slowly as everyone gazed into his eyes just watching them glaze over very slowly. I think the reason why it is what I most remember is because it makes me think of my own little brothers. If anyone ever tried to hurt them in such a way I would be furious and do whatever in my power that I could to protect them.

    ReplyDelete
  21. the thing that i remember the most from the book is when the family was split up from the selection the nazis made them go through. it made me think that family is the most important and to never take the fact that you have a family lightly

    ReplyDelete
  22. The scene I remember the most is when Elie and his mother and sister are separated from each other. I wouldnt want to be separated from my family knowing that they both are going to die.

    ReplyDelete
  23. When the family splits up at the selection process. The feeling of losing my siblings and mom would scare me dearly. family is the most important thing to me knowing that if i might lose it scares me to death.

    ReplyDelete
  24. The most visual scene from the book was when they described the smell of the camp as they first got there, when people where terrified and crying over what was going to happen next. It effects my whole perspective on how crazy, and devilish people can really be.

    ReplyDelete
  25. the scene i remember most vividly is the march. it has made me look at the world back then differently rather then today. i dont look at my family different but i look at people in general different

    ReplyDelete
  26. The scene i remember the most is when they are all at the ghetto packing their things. When mothers cooked food and kids didnt know what was going. And later when they got into the truck with bags and kids. And when they were driving with the crazy woman in the truck that always yelled fire. When they got to the camp. Its was really sad too. i felt sad about all the people who went to the camp.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I can't choose a scene that I find more vivid than the other.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I remember the scene when Elie saw his father before he died the most vividly. it has not made me look differently at my family but i do sort of look at people in general differently

    ReplyDelete
  29. The scene I remember the most from Night is when his family is split up, and his mom and his sister are sent to the die not knowing their fate. It changes my view on my family because I now realize how much they mean to me and if we were separated forever and never able to see each other ever again I would be real devastated.

    ReplyDelete
  30. A scene from Night I remember most vividly would be when after the forced march, the prisoners are crammed into a barracks, that night, Juliek plays a fragment of a Beethoven concerto on the violin he has managed to keep the entire time he was at Auschwitz. Somehow, that scene is really prominent for me. I think Juliek was a really brave and inspirational person. He had done what he most enjoy doing before he die. Music gave him motivation. It helps me understand that even when you would had been through the worst thing, you could always find a little hope within yourself if you believe.

    ReplyDelete
  31. The scene that I remember most vividly was when Elie just stood there and watched his father get beat. This scene really made me think about how people should stand up for others when something bad is happening someone. It doesn't matter if doesn't involve you, if you see someone getting hurt step in and help them, stand up for them.

    ReplyDelete
  32. The scene I remember the most vividly is where Elie was trying to do whatever his ill dad asked him to do like getting water, taking care of him and talking positive things to make him feel better. It was impressing that made me look at my family differently. I thought I'm the one who should do something for my parents since I'm living better than he was. I thought I should love and think about them more than I did.

    ReplyDelete
  33. the most vivid scene i remember is when they first arrived at the camp. he didn't know what was going on or what would happen. all he knew what he would do is stay with his father and don't leave his site. it made feel that you always got stick with your family no matter what. without family i don't know what would happen. family is practically all you need.

    ReplyDelete
  34. I remember the part where the little boy was hung in front of all the prisoners the part stuck out to me because the little boy didn't die at first because he wasnt heavy enough to strangle himself but to slowly choke himself.

    ReplyDelete
  35. The part of night i remember the best was when ellie was taking care of his father and went to bed with his father alive beneath him. But then woke up with his father no where to be seen. This has made me realize to cherish the people you have with you now and not to take them for granted because some day they might not be there anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  36. the scene I remember most vividly is on the train ride to the camp everyone was excited and nervous about going to a new place except for the older women who foreshadowed fire and ash and would have panic attacks over her dreams which contained fire and ash and misery and piles of burning corpses. the fact that people were willing to beat her so she would be quiet, even in front of her child made me feel sick to my stomach. it showed me that first impressions can be misleading.

    ReplyDelete
  37. I remember the scene of Elie losing his father in the cold and him eventually dyeing. And the scene of the Jews in the train car. The scene with his father dyeing makes me think that if it were my family I would be devastated and it makes me think that my family is a lot more important that I can think. Also the scene of the train car makes me think of society different because of the cruelty, I wouldn’t think something like that would be even thought of to do to another human.

    ReplyDelete