
As the Jews were from their homes and taken to the concentration camps, they were put through the selection process. Some were sent to the left and some were sent to the right. Certain death would follow for the elderly, the very young and the infirm. Those who were deemed healthy enough to work would be given a place in the camps. Some people who study the Holocaust have said that it didn't matter which line the Jew was sent to, his fate was the same. Which line would you have wanted to be in and why?
I would have wanted to be in the in the death line because I would not want to risk my life anyway in hell. If I had a family me and them would all die i would want to be with my family. As messed up as that sounds i would not want my kids to go through all the drama and deaths in the camp. It would be eaiser for all of us to just go out together happy and not affriad of the Germans. That is why i would much rather die than stay alive. StewardS5
ReplyDeleteI think i would rather take the death road because either way death was inevitable. With the line to survive, you can be hanged, torchered, raped and worse but with death, you could just end it while you had the chance. On the other hand, i think i would go where my friends or family were sent because i would rather stay and die with the people i loved than be dead alone.
ReplyDeleteTo me this question could be answered in 2 ways. If i didn't know how bad things were gonna be, like they didn't in there situation, then i would want to live as long as possible because of the idea of becoming free. However with what i know as a student learning about the history and how bad things we i would not want to go through it. I would rather be put it the death line and get it over with rather then having a sad tortured life watching the people around me die. Honestly i think that the people e in the death lines were better off because they didn't even know that what they were in and it was just over.
ReplyDeleteI want to choose the death way.I'd better to be killed than alive worse than animals.Whatever you do you will die,today you died better than tomorrow you died,you don't need stand the scared camp and the blood place.death is more like to have freedom.
ReplyDeleteI personally would want to be separated into the elderly, the very young and the infirm because I would not want to suffer through the pain that was to follow and if I were to survive the concentration camps I would probably have many trauma issues from everything I went through. By being put to death right away I am saved from all the pain and suffering later on.
ReplyDeleteI would've wanted to go towards the elderly line because I would think that this specific line would have a higher chance of death. I wouldn't want to be tortured in this camp by being worked to death with a limited amount of food that will still leave you starving.
ReplyDeletei would have wanted to go to the young and elderly people because when you get put in the concentration camp your already dead. i wouldnt want to go through all of that pain and suffering if im going to end up dead no matter what i did. i would want to get it over wih sooner the better.
ReplyDeletei would go to the death lane bacause you would die faster and you dont have to go through any pain. Like i wont want to go through all the pain of hard working and starvation. I would just get killed right away.
ReplyDeleteIf I knew that I was going to slowly die from being over worked and un fed I would go to the furnace line because I would rather go quick than slow and painful
ReplyDeleteThe line I would rather go in would be the line that would end to a faster less painful death. although both of the lines would at some point lead to the same fate its easy to go out before you have to struggle thought everyday in pain and hunger
ReplyDeleteIf everyone's fate was destined to be the same I would rather take the path that would lead do a quick death. It would be a great relief then working my butt off only to soon one day be no good to work and slowly die and wither away.
ReplyDeleteThe line to die. I say this because I don’t want to be without my loved ones. Being alone is the worst feeling you can feel
ReplyDeleteI would rather be in the line where I am given hard labor. Even though it would mean suffering and possibly being beaten, I would try to keep myself together and have hope and faith that I could get through the process and have the hope of being liberated.
ReplyDelete47-63 During the Auschwitz concentration camp selection I would choose the death line. If I were to end up dead at the camp I would rather die right away instead of going through all the pain, torture, and starvati47-63 At the Auschwitz concentration camp Elie and his father had on and off relationships. Elie would be tired of baby sitting and watching out for his father. Elie would have to suffer through more because his father was dragging Elie with him. Elie would be mad at his father for no knowing how to prevent himself from being beat. But in the end both of them represented staying alive. Elie and his father would stay alive because they were both the only reason why they wanted to live. Elie and hid father loved each other. They were both each other’s hope.
ReplyDelete8. In all honesty I would want to be sent to death, the horrors of the camp would be too much for me to handle and I wouldn't want to see the terrible things that happened inside the camp. Being put to death would be the best choice because you never knew where you would end up and it could be far worse then anything else. So i would choose death.
ReplyDeleteI think I would rather be in the death line. Because I would not want to go through all the pain that the concentration camps caused. The death line is the easy way out because your chances of death are high anyways so why work your butt off when you’re probably not going to be released.
ReplyDeleteBeing in the position that the Jews were in, I wouldn't know about the concentration camp continuing until I die from another selection. In this case i would want to stay alive and be in the line that goes to the camps. Trying to stay alive would give me a higher chance of being sent away or being rescued.
ReplyDeleteThey would have wanted to be in the in the death line because they would not want to risk my life anyway in hell. If they had a family they would all die i would want to be with my family. As missed up as that sounds i would not want my kids to go through all the drama and deaths in the camp. It would be eaiser for all of us to just go out together happy and not affriad of the Germans. That is why they would much rather die than stay alive
ReplyDeleteI would rather be sent to the line where the elderly and people who were unable to work were sent. Death in the camp would be more painful and tragic than the quick death they experienced. If you were to ever get out of the camp, all your loved ones would still be dead, which would leave you in more pain than the death itself.
ReplyDeletei would rather work and hope to be free one day even though that day may never come but its worth a shot. if i chose the death line i would be giveing them what they want.
ReplyDeleteI would what to be in the young line so that i would not know what was going to happened to me or my family. Also i would be to young to revolt against the Nazi's so i wouldn't be worried about that, but my family would worry about me.
ReplyDeleteThe line I would have gone in would have been the line for work. I would’ve picked this line because I could have tried to help the best I can and planned rebellion.
ReplyDeleteI would have wanted to be in the young kids' line because I would've been so naive with no consideration that my life would be at stake. I might've not even understood much of what was going on. Although I might hear the screams and smell the smoke, it wouldn't strike me that I would be dead soon. I would want to be with someone I know like a sibling or friend because then I might be confused and make the Germans annoyed by my crying which might've ended up in some other worse situation.
ReplyDeleteIf I was sent to a concentration camp I would have rather been in the side that dies in the fire. The reason why I pick this is because a fast death seems so much better than an agonizing one. When I was young I always knew how much I hated pain and if being in the fire is where I’ll die quickest then I would pick it. If I am going to die either way the smartest choice is to die sooner.
ReplyDeleteI would rather be in the line where my family was or at least one family member because i feel that the torture my family would go through they would need something to live for i would also not know what would be happening as long as i was with my family and they were okay that would be the only thing that would matter.
ReplyDeleteI would be in the life line because at least you dont die instantly but you do suffer alot but that might let you appreciate life a lot more when you actually are free again.
ReplyDeleteI would have wanted to be in the left line, because there would only be a slim chance for me to survive so i'd rather just get it over with that way i wouldn't have to suffer.
ReplyDelete6. When Jews arrived to the concentration camp they went through selection. Some of them went to the right, other went to left. Ill, weak and women went to the gas chamber, strong and young men went to the camp. I agree that there is no difference between these two lines. Both of them can give us pain, loneliness and death. In the gas chamber you will die in the pain. In the camp you will die in the pain too (satisfaction or fatigue).Of course if I was in there I want to be in the in the line that goes to camp, because there are very little, but still hope and chance that you can escape.
ReplyDeletei would choose the death line (if i knew what would come). The main reason is because i would die anyway i would not want. although if you go the life you appreciate life as you once new. so to say the truth i'm not sure if i would or not choose death.
ReplyDeleteConsidering that the Jews did not know what was coming for them, I would want to be in the line with the fit and work ready people because I would want to be able to have a chance to live. Since the Jews did not know what was going to happen, I would not want to be sent to my death because the SS thought that I couldn't work. If I knew what was to happen then I think I would like that small bit of hope to get out alive.
ReplyDeleteI would have rather been placed in the line with the young and the elderly because I would die either way, but at least then it would be a quicker death.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete: I would want be in the working line. Yes, many people died, but many lived too, Elie for example. I would want a chance to live, and maybe escape. Elie got very lucky because as he was losing hope of living, the camp’s ways were discovered, so I’d hope that something like that would happen. But the other line would be debatable because it would save me from starvation, being overworked and beaten.
ReplyDeleteI would want to be selected to death when i got their because i would rather die than go through all that suffering that the prisoners had to go through and have a slow and painful death and both lanes would be death anyways.
ReplyDeleteI would have wanted to be with the young and the elderly because even though i would have died quickly i would still be part of it but then i would have to go through the torture that the jews had to go through, but then i would have a chance that i could live if i don't die in the camp.
ReplyDeleteI think I would have preferred to go to the line that was sent immediately to the creamatoria and gone away quickly and a lot less painfully, I only would choose this option because 99% of the prisoners would eventually end up dead and that’s why I would just choose the easy way out and not have to suffer as much as some of the others.
ReplyDelete• For me I think when I had just arrived at the camp I would want to be in the working line because I wouldn’t know exactly what the future held and in the working line at least I had a chance to stay alive. A lot of those who went into the working line ended up dying rather soon but being sent to the other lines I think most likely meant death and only death so I would chose the working line so I would have a chance
ReplyDeletei would rather been sent to the crematoria because the prisoners were being starved and beaten and put into hard labor. id rather die right away so i wouldn't have to suffer like the prisoners.
ReplyDeleteI wouldn’t want to be in any line but if I had to choose, I would choose the line with the young and infirm. I want to be with the young and infirm because I would have a chance to live, even though the chances were one to a million and the fact that it was complete torture, I would still choose this line because I want to live and fight for the chance that I’d have.
ReplyDeleteI would have wanted to be in whichever line my family would be in, so that I would be with them in whatever fate they have. I would want to survive as long as I possibly could, I would not want to give up because what’s the point of being given a life and giving up because of what’s happening around me? But I will never know because I would really have to be in the situation to know.
ReplyDeleteI would want to go to the working side. Even though there was a lot of deaths you still had that chance of living. If you were healthy and in the right age, you were able to work. Yes, i would be exposed to a bunch of horrific scenes, but I'd take that and live. This sounds better than being murdered from my innocents. No one deserved to die at these camps, but i'd rather work and try to live than anything else.
ReplyDeleteI would like to have gone to the line that was to be killed because I would not have known if I want going to die all I would have known was that I was going in to a line and after reading Night it almost seems that going to the work camps was just as bad if not worse than dying because they were tortured, they were malnourished and they were crammed in to small barracks with the sick, which spread the disease and caused more weak, and of those who couldn’t go on, and if they were to die it would be with strangers, and if you died by gas there was the chance you could die with your loved one and be with them forever.
ReplyDeleteI would have wanted to be in the crematorium line. I wouldn't want to be worked practically to death. I would rather just die right there and then. Even if there was a chance to survive I would have wanted to be in the crematorium line.
ReplyDeleteI Would rather be in the line that survives, and was considered healthy. My reasoning for this is because I would have a 10/100% Chance of survival. Being a strong woman physically I could survive conditions and maybe end up like Eliezer and have a great survival story. On the other hand being torched everyday would be dread full so I can understand why people would just want to end it right as they enter the camp.
ReplyDeleteI would not go in either line knowing what is coming to me. I would rather just run right in to the electrical fence. Death by suffocation has got to be in my opinion got to be the worst way to die. Also going into the camp and surviving the selection I would be dying of starvation, there is no way for me to live off of small portions of bread and watery soup.
ReplyDeleteIf I was given the decision to pick which fate I would rather have, I would pick the death line. As weak as that sounds, I highly doubt I would have ever been able to survive the harsh lives of the workers. Both lines had death awaiting them, so why suffer for months (if you even made it this far) rather than just ending it? The nazis would treat everyone horribly no matter what, so you might as well not put yourself through it.
ReplyDeleteIf i was to go through the selection process I would want to be in the same line with my family. I wouldn't care if I'm in the line of death or work as long as I stay with my family. If I pass the selection process and was sent to work place by myself, I wouldn't be able to survive at the working camp without my family. I would be so miserable and sad.
ReplyDeletethe one that leads to death I would not want to be worked for my life have a chance of being tortured and experimented on i would want a quick death
ReplyDeleteP.S they don't pay you
I would want to be sent to the death line. Those who were fit to work were only tortured longer, and I would not want to help the Nazis build more death camps the way they made their prisoners.
ReplyDeleteI would want to be sent to death line because than I wouldn't have to suffer and be tortured, but I would most likely want to have a fast death either be shot or run to the electric fence and touch it.
ReplyDeletethe line i would probably choose would be the line that would lead to death because i didn't want to bother “trying” to fight for life. it would not be worth trying because you would know that you would end up just dying anyways.
ReplyDeleteI think at the time, the idea of living sounds like the obvious choice, but in the long run quick death would probably be the most popular choice for a lot of people including me.
ReplyDeleteYou need to write more.
DeleteI would rather be going to the crematory people today think they are alot stronger then they actually are it wasn't just slavery and hard labor it was a hell to be put through that for years wouldn't be worth it we live in a society of luxury most of us haven't gone more then a day without food, death was lingering over your head. your chance of survival was tiny it was never worth it the hard labor would break people the starvation would break people. it would never be worth the effort to live in these camps
ReplyDeletei would prefer to go and die so i dont have to work so hard and be treated with misery and be able to see all the people die and all the little kids i would want to die because im not one of the people that let other ones treat me like that or be tricked by the nazis more then 2 times, its just a place where no one would like to live in.
ReplyDeleteIn this situation I would rather stay alive, not just because i might live but because if I did I would be able to warn the world of the monstrosities going on in the concentration camps, so that maybe I could save thousands of other lives and stop the madness.
ReplyDeleteI would work, because there's a chance I can stay alive. I would fight for my freedom, and for my family. I'm willing to take the sacrifice then to just die.
ReplyDeleteI would rather have been put into the line with the young and elderly. Although they were sent to the crematoria first,they struggled the least. The people in the working line were starved,beaten,and just tortured.The chance you would actually be able to make it out alive was pretty slim. even if you did make it out alive you would have all that time just to sit there and think about all the cruel things you went through and did to others.so if you just died right then it would be less pain you would go through.
ReplyDeletePersonally, I would want to be in the line of death because it wouldn't matter how long you stay at Auschwitz you were still going to die. So why not just die and get it over with? If you were to stay longer, you're basically wasting more of your life. You're staying there for nothing, just to die. Thats just the way it was, nothing would change about it.
ReplyDeleteGenerally speaking i would have gone to the death line because there would be no point in living if all you will be doing the rest of your life is working and getting beaten. unless i had family i would live as long as i can to help my family. help them survive and make sure i take care of them. i would stay alive Intel all of them have passed away.
ReplyDeleteI would have wanted to go to the Work line because i Would wanted to stay alive, but i would have probably have died.
ReplyDeleteI would have wanted to be into the work line because look at Ellie. Even through the rough and hard work and all of the beatings he suffered. He still made it through the camp and survived the horrors he had seen. I would want that line because if i had family it would be just a small chance that i could see them again some day and if there was any chance i would take it. I wouldnt want to go down easy i would put up a fight and try to survive.
ReplyDeleteI would have wanted to be in the work line because then I could help others through the experience. Even though the chances of escaping and surviving were very slim there was still a chance no matter how slim it is as long as there is hope a human being can endure almost anything. nothing worth having isn't worth fighting for and if someone is willing to fight for their life then they deserve every second of happiness and freedom they receive.
ReplyDelete